The Inventory file has information about your books as well as their history.
The Inventory card will contain:
- ISBN - 10 or 13 digit number
- UPC - you can also use this field for another number such as a sku #.
- Author - entered = lastname, firstname
- Edition - such as HC (hardcover), PB (paperback), MM (mass market), or CD (Audio CD)
- Pub Date - mm/yy
- Supplier - 3 or 4 digit vendor code for quick reference
- Publisher - 5 character code.
- Classification - Your store specific class, usually matching up to where you shelve the book in your store.
- BISAC Subject - When using TitleLink to auto-fill your inventory card, the publishers specific subject code will appear.
- Note field - This field is free form and can contain everything from a second author, illustrator, instructions for sale etc.
- Message field - This is a slightly larger field to enter notes such as awards the title has won, or staff instructions.
It also contains a 14 month visual receiving and sales history bar which makes analysing your inventory easy and fast. When entering a new inventory card, ISBN validation and author standardization improves data entry consistency.
Your on-hand and on-order items are displayed easily to determine what's available and what's not. The quantity of books that are on order are separated into the quantity on-order for regular stock and and the quantity special ordered or reserved for customers. The quantity on-hand is broken down into available for sale, reserved for customers, and marked for return.
You can search your inventory file blazingly fast even if you have 100,000 titles on file. Area of search is narrowed down to: title, author, supplier, classification, ISBN, UPC, and keywords.
The BookManager software also offers a great solution for managing used and remainder title, allowing you to have the ability to integrate these books within with your regular inventory file. Stores prefer to see the stock levels for different versions of the same title, either discounted, used or new, so BookManager provides an efficient method which will allow you to assign different pricing for the different copies and track the sales separately. Also, if you are subscribing to our TitleLink service, you conveniently have the option to automatically fill in the inventory card (even though the ISBN may be slightly different) for these remainder and used books.
Your inventory can also be integrated with our online title database called TitleLink and our price and availability service called PubStock. To read more about these two great tools please click the links.